Registration is Closed for Fall Lifelong Leaders Afterschool Club
Registration is Closed for the Fall Lifelong Leaders Afterschool Club
The "Lifelong Leaders Afterschool Club" (LLAC) is a year-long leadership program for High School Muslim students. LLAC aims to develop the next generation of American-Muslim leaders by providing in depth leadership curriculum, networking with other students, and real-world experiences.
The club is divided into two 8-week live sections that are available both in person and virtual. The first section is in the fall and the second section is in the spring.
The club will introduce students to CAIR-Essentail Leadership Skills such as:
1. Public Speaking
2. How to Influence Government
3. Mastering Debate
4. Islamic History and Identity Building
5. Art of Leadership
Each course concludes with either competition with cash or other prizes or a real-world experience.
- Examples of real-life activities include both Texas Muslim Capitol Day in Austin and the Washington D.C. Lobby Day in the summer. Several social events will be scheduled for participants to build meaningful relationships. Volunteer opportunities are available to help students receive volunteer hours.
Costs: $50 per student -
- College Scholarship: Participants who complete both sections will be eligible for the CAIR-Texas College Scholarship of $1,000. They will need to apply for the Scholarship at the end of the school year and compete with other participants.
- Ages: High School Students 9th - 12th grade.
How to Signup: Students must register online no later than Friday, Sept. 10th, 2021.
The Young Muslim Leadership Council (YMLC), is a project of (CAIR-Texas DFW).
Purpose: YMLC's goal is to develop the next generation of American Muslim leaders.
Our Goal: Our goal is to educate, inspire, and give opportunities to young Muslims to master CAIR essential skills. These skills include:
We believe in empowering the next generation of American-Muslims to be tomorrow's leaders, today! We are student led and develop our own programs and projects with mentoring by CAIR-Texas DFW staff. We focus on building leadership skills, empowering the American-Muslim identity, and making change. Want to join? We would love to have you part of our team!